Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Travel With Me: California, pt. II - San Francisco (Union Square)

Here's the link to Part 1 if you haven't seen it already :)

On the second day, we explored the more urban side of the city of San Francisco: the famous shopping district, Union Square.


It was a breathtaking utopia of designer & brand labels condensed into buildings centred into a square, with the glittering sunlight seeming to shower rays of refulgence into our faces, and by doing so leaving the blue sky to hover in the modest backdrop all by itself, completely cloudless. 


The palm trees cast a tropical shadow against the glare of the sun -- the spitting image of nature within a city. 


The Cheesecake Factory @ Macy's


Victoria's Secret Pink



Saks Fifth Avenue


As I was walking I remember that I suddenly felt like I was part of something. 
The city was set in its glorious splendour, with its voracious motley crowd of people and its tall buildings and its pulsing, bubbling energy that came from the amalgamation of people, their imaginations, their individualistic styles and their movements: each bounce in the step, each rhythm, each whistle, each paddle of the bicycle, each roll of the tyre. 

And even if I wasn't from there, I was someone in a huge city. I was contributing to that energy in the city. 

And that is the reason why I love big cities. 


#OOTD: 
Leather jacket: H&M (Kids) 
Top: Hollister
Jeans: Topshop 


 After shopping around for hours, we met up with my dad for lunch at this Chinese dim sum restaurant. I forgot what it was called but it must've had 'Imperial' or 'Dragon' or 'Dynasty' or 'Oriental' in its name.. HAHA.






We call him the marshmallow.

After that we started taking a long walk up the famous steep hills of San Francisco, moving up to the Cable Car Museum. The walk took about twenty minutes, and it was exhilarating, really. 




A Cable Car Stop. We wanted to take the cable car, another typical San Francisco experience, but.. hear this. The cable car workers were on strike.. so there was no service. Wow. The same thing happened the day before with the bus workers. Lol are they all part of a huge general trade union? Probably.











And then we finally got to the museum. 


The SF cable cars don't run on fuel, they run on mechanic grippers through the force of friction. So cool.





We passed through a small segment of Chinatown and it was cool to see Chinese letters again lols.





Chinatown! 


We walked back down to Union Square after that. While my mom, brother & grandma went to the Cheesecake Factory for tea, my sister & I went to Forever 21 & Urban Outfitters to shop. Yay. 

My sister is obsessed with photobooths.
Despite how big it was, the Forever 21 was pretty disappointing. :( I thought there'd be more stuff like the stuff on their website, but nah. There were pretty little sizes that fit me too. I did buy a lot of stuff but I honestly think the F21 in Pavilion is better in terms of variety.

Urban Outfitters. I didn't get anything because like one dress costs like $98. I cried. (HAHA no ok)


They couldn't finish their cheesecakes, so they took them away and I tried them. OH MY GLOB it was so good. The Oreo chunk one, at least. Ohmygod asdajslgkajlskgj 



And that's it for Union Square! 

That night we fetched my dad from WWDC, came home and went out again. I kind of forgot where we ate. Woops. 

Till the next post, 
Cindydy 
x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...