Monday, June 30, 2014

Kuala Lumpur Fashion Week '14

I'm so proud of how far Malaysian fashion has gone. Over 80 Malaysian designers & a few other regional ones have truly showcased an enormous aggrandisement in this industry; bringing us to a whole new level of fashion. All throughout the week the runway was brimming with new, fresh-faced styles & new edges to new cuts to completely reinvented classic concepts.

 I think it really inspired me to step up my game as well, dazzling me with this whole new exposure to this bustling hive of a fashion industry that is so close to where my home & my heart is. This city is really transcending to new boundaries in so many ways, I'm happy to say that I've at least been a small part of it.

All runway photos are credited to ZALORA. 
I did take my own pictures, of the other shows as well, but for expediency & much, much more professional clarity I'll just use Zalora's photos. Also, my Adobe Lightroom keeps on crashing so I can't edit any photos. It's making me mad. >:( 





River Island for Men



#OOTD: 
Everything I'm wearing is H&M, bag is Charlotte Russe. 

The Yin to my Yang, Leey Shiaan. 

We had lunch at Kampachi with the Zalora team. Lipstick before & after selfie, HAHAHA. 



ZALORA for Women


I loved the monochrome in this collection. This reflected a lot of what people were wearing to the fashion show, burnishing the idea of "Ready to Wear", which was what the clothes in the whole KLFW is based on. The thing I like about Zalora's collection is that they transform something that is considered streetwear to something that is runway ready, with a few changes in the cuts or the shapes or the colours of the clothes -- it's so refreshing. 


#OOTD: 
Top: Charlotte Russe // Dress: Forever 21 // Scarf: MONKI // Heels: Zara

I think I look really weird with makeup honestly...


The photobooth! 

I want this giant sunhat from Forever 21.

Something Borrowed


Amanda & Anna Nishaburi





#OOTD:  
Statement necklace: F21 // Bustier: Monki // Asymmetrical Faux Leather Skirt: H&M // Blazer: Topshop

RIVER ISLAND 

By far my FAVORITE collection out of all these. These are absolutely ready to wear, perfect for the summer. The tropical prints create undeniable harmony with the shapes of the halter crop tops, rompers, sun dresses, oversized tops -- creating the consummate wardrobe for sunny weather. 

All the models on the runway were rocking braids, so I was like okay why not jump on the braidwagon LOL 



That's it for now! 
My USA Day 3 post is coming soon, as well as a post on recent happenings in my life, as in parties, events etc. AND also a June Favourites! :D 

love, Cindy
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...