Saturday, May 31, 2014

Events I've been to for the Past Month

This will just be a short photo-post about events I've attended this month, because I'm rushing for time. I'm leaving for the US tomorrow, so I'm trying to complete everything I need to online including managing my own blog, Fashiono.my, & my other job as a freelance writer by today, hopefully. Because I just really want to enjoy my time in California & relax & rejuvenate my soul completely. I sound like a massage parlour slogan lols but yes I am just realllyy excited for this trip! It'll be a lot of firsts for me: my first actual time travelling outside of the Asian continent, my first fifteen-hour-long flight & needless to say, my first time in America. I hope it's everything I dreamt it to be with the aid of TV shows, books, hearsay and visual Instagram pictures. 

Oh which I'm reminded of: I got a job as a freelance writer at a magazine publishing company! It was sudden: I received an email about it, then I was told to head to their office at Hartamas for an interview, then they offered me a job subsequently so I'm really happy about that! Honestly I feel like Carrie Bradshaw (from TCD) sometimes, and I like feeling that way because she's my spirit animal and I admire her, albeit fictitiously, so much. <3 

May was a pretty awesome month; I really didn't expect it to be this good. However it zoomed by pretty quickly, though I feel like I did achieve quite a handful of things this month which I feel fab about. One month closer to IB, though.. Speaking of which, I'm headed to my new school (IGB International School) later in the morning for their open day, so I hope that turns out well too.

1. Maggie Loo's High-Tea Fashion Show




2. Warehouse x Ben Sherman Launch 


With the lead singer, Fuad, of Kyoto Protocol! 
With Amanda! 

3. Jovian Mandagie for Zalora Fashion Show


I posted the outfit shot for this event below! 

4. MONKI Autumn/Winter '14 Press Day

This was the first 'press day' sort of event that I've been to, and I didn't really expect it to be so, well, devoid of people. I thought I was really early at first, but I realised that was how it was supposed to be. Guests/media people would come at different times of the day (11-5) to get a private 'tour'/personal explanation of the collection. It felt like a very private & exclusive event, and honestly I did have a lot of fun because I met a bunch of rad fashionistas (as pictured below) who mostly worked as fashion stylists/editors for their own magazines and we had a swell time trying on the Monki AW14 collection & just taking photos of us & having a little photoshoot lols.





5. Syozmir Izwa for Zalora Fashion Show



x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...