Thursday, April 24, 2014

Adventures on a Train around Town

I know I said I was going to blog the day after Sunday but I've been so caught up on updating Fashiono.my that I sort of neglected my own. Speaking of Fashiono.my, go read my newest posts about Monki's opening, Coachella-inspired fashion essentials & bazaar events this weekend!

Here's my outfit because I'm supposed to start 'fashion blogging', so here's an attempt. Basically just #ootds but HD-er.
Oversized jacket: literally brandless. I can't find the tag. White crochet crop top: Zara. 'Hotpants': H&M; Necklace: Bali; Bag: Also brandless from Urbanscapes.

This look is pretty casual & laid back. I paired this outfit with my Forever 21 sandals, which made it look even more effortless and gave it that 'I-don't-care-I-just-woke-up-and-pulled-these-on' factor. I love these black hotpants, despite their lack of coverage because they're so 1970s-meets-Taylor-Swift and, combined with the white crochet top, accents the contrast between the two colours on opposite ends of the colour spectrum, which is toned down by the soft blue of the denim outer shirt. 

So I went out on a last-minute-y outing with Shu today.

Here's my hypothesis: Whenever I'm with Shu, we end up doing pretty stupid spontaneous shit. Or stupid spontaneous shit happens to us. (All the freaking time. HAHAHA.) & the following will be some evidence, as evinced:

Exhibit A: 

So we're both pretty inexperienced in taking trains/MRTs/LRTs/monorails; like we didn't even know what the heck was the difference between all of those. I've only taken a train in Malaysia like twice and once was with Terry & Fabian and the other was with Estella. I didn't really know what we were doing, I was just following them around so- yeah. I go to Hong Kong pretty often so I take the subway there often so I know my way around THAT system HAHA. 

We were at Pavilion at first but Shu had work and she had to collect her pay-check from KLCC before 3pm because apparently the bank closes at 3pm. (What kind of bank closes at 3 in the afternoon wtf.) And we were feeling slightly lazy to walk the 1 mile on the bridge to KLCC so we, on a whim as usual, were like "Ok let's take the LRT there" (not even knowing what an LRT was). 

So we walked to the Bukit Bintang station & we bought a token to KLCC. Then we basically hopped (literally hopped, DAUNTLESSSS) on the 'monorail' and kind of spent like two hours being lost in stations around Kuala Lumpur. Like all the signs were so vague we didn't know where to switch trains and all that. We asked directions from like 10,000 people and we still didn't exactly know where to go. We even went as far as KL Sentral & Bangsar ok omfg. 


Exhibit B: The story behind these two pictures was that we asked this old Chinese guy to take photos for us because it was our first time on trains & all. So he agreed & he fumbled with the lighting and all and literally forced us to take a second picture because the first one was too underexposed. Kind of cute. Then after that he went all "Are you going to post this on Facebook? Do you have Facebook? What's your Facebook? Can I add you on Facebook?" 

Shu & I exchanged looks and then I said, "Yeah, I'm Nani Lim." AHAEHAKGJHEAKGJ I don't even know where that sprung from but it was so funny though because my name is not even remotely 'Nani Lim' & Nani (Errisa) actually exists & I don't know why I even thought about Nani at that exact moment HAHAHA; it was the randomest thing in the world. Then he kind of bought it and asked me where we were from, to which I replied "Mongolia", which he also believed. 

Apparently a lot of people believe me when I say I'm from Mongolia or if I say I'm Chinese Russian. I'd like to believe that it's just cause I'm very tan.

Exhibit B: 


Shu almost got stuck between closing train doors today. We found out we were on the wrong train the moment the door was automatically closing and we were like "Oh shit" then she sprung to the door, pulling me with her as it was closing and I think she was attempting to fight it and keep it open. And then she kinda got stuck there & I started panicking & so I pulled her back. So we just got stuck on the wrong train after all. 

I was so panicked omg I thought it would squeeze her alive or something omfg. But apparently it was really 'soft', according to the female Hulk, which I just balked at.


And WE FINALLY GOT TO AVENUE K ASLKAJLSKGJALGJAG; we were so euphoric we just started sprinting around. 

I found a giant Magnum & I found it really cool so I had to take an awkward photo with it.


Exhibit C:

Shu bought an RM5 gun from Daiso. Self-explanatory. 
"MISOGYNISTIC SOCIETY"

 Conclusion: We do stupid shit when we're around each other, it's a tried & tested fact & has been for like 8 years of our friendship ok.

RED MANGO'S YOGURT PARFAIT. So good asdfghjdkl. 

Sushi Zanmai's Spider Roll. Ya we ordered like 2 rolls of 6. #cheatday

Ok that's it for the day. I know it's 4am, but I'm a terrible night owl & I can't stand mornings & I would just like to take advantage of my gap year as far as I can, yeahp. Goodnight/morning everyone :) 


Oh I'm attending #NuffnangLovin' this Friday night! Looks pretty wicked, no? It's like a blogger hangout event, so I'm really excited to meet the other people with the same platform!


Also will be co-chairing the General Assembly at TISMUNKL this weekend. First MUN chairing experience so I'm stoked for that as well! Oh & for Jasmine's birthday bash at Raveena's on Saturday night. (: 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...