Tuesday, March 11, 2014

KLMUN 2014

I decided to come to KLMUN on a whim, because I knew the Sec-Gen (Megan Lee) & I thought, why not? I haven't been attending MUNs for the past year or so, after SGMUN, so I didn't mind going again. Besides, KLMUN conferences are always pretty damn amazing and I've been going for two years in a row now so again, why not? I was assigned to be the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons in the Advisory Panel on the region of the Middle East. I learnt a lot in the midst of researching for the three topics (role of foreign intervention, measures to prevent the spread of infectious disease & preventing terrorists from acquiring chemical/biological weapons) and this is the first conference where I actually came prepared and was active & not to just fool around. (I won my first award! Most Improved Delegate hahaha.) I was really comfortable with my committee because 1) it was really small, only 15 'experts', so everyone spoke constantly, and 2) everyone there was so nice and cute and laughed at my stupid jokes & puns, and 3) the chairs were extremely nice. 

"THE FOOD IS SO GOOD." I think I repeated this phrase like 30 times throughout the whole conference. Apparently 90% of our RM100 fees were going to the food. Wow. GIS is catered by Ben's, so... ye. The snack breaks were so plentiful omg there were like Nature Valley bars & buns & donuts & a whole array of fruits. #neverhungry 

This weekend I also hung out with the TIS boys from the MUN team, namely Ishaal, Kahlil, Bryan, Rashid, Baaldesh, and Sebastian who was Russia in my committee. It's been too long. Speaking of them, go sign up for TISMUNKL now! It's on April 25-27, so mark your calendars. They're an all-guy Secretariat Team, after last years' MUN batch left. HAHAHA
Nitin, Priss & Stanley with the banner outside our committee! The lion illustrations are so amazing, I can't even give enough credit to their designer, who told me she did it on Photoshop. *sharp inhale*
w Priss & Chea Mun :) 

POLICE DONGGGG. Cutest Korean ever. 

Somila, Dep-Chair who is the G-est of them all & so cute & loud & eccentric I can't even.

Azman, who I sat next to for 3 days and constantly whispered indignant / annoyed comments to.

The Chair, Stan aka the nicest US delegate ever, and Somila :) 


Medicine Sans Frontier; aka Aileen Loolooo. She's so nice & down-to-earth & makes the best comments ever about being hungry. 

Priss <3 my MUN buddy, after so many conferences together. 



Meet my new spouse, Jasmine! we met each other on friday 'cause people told us we were alike then we literally hit it off & got married, heheh.

GIS/ Nexus guys! 

Jasmine, Ina & Raveena. x

Willem. < It rhymes with Gollum, so he's cool. 

APQME! 




 Then after that, as it was Bryan's birthday we went over to 1MK to have lunch with him.




Magic Mike & Romannnn


Sorry for the hiatus. A lot has been happening lately & I've been pretty busy. Oh! and I got the scholarship at IGB international school. So for those who have been asking me on ask.fm, I'm going there this August fr the IB Diploma course. Pretty terrified but also excited. :) 

see you sooon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...